Thursday, March 5, 2015

For My Stepmom

For My Stepmom
I, myself, am a stepmother to two (now grown) children. If you are a step-child, consider giving or sending this to your stepmother. Step-parents have a tough go of it. There are so many times when you just don't know "your place." Often times, there is a built in resentment towards the stepmother or stepfather. I understand that it is natural, given the circumstances, but it is still a hard pill to swallow. As a stepmother, my goal was always to integrate the two families...that is really all that I wanted. In those early years, maybe I wasn't as successful as I would have liked to have been, but as time has passed, things have gotten better. If you do give this to your stepmother, I guarantee you that it will be something she will cherish forever.



You can see this poem along with others at my website...


No comments:

Post a Comment