Wednesday, July 2, 2014

About Me!

Here is my story about how I got to where I am!
 
It all began, like most things begin, as a dream. The business was started in my basement, while I was still working as a school adjustment counselor/teacher, in the inner city of Springfield, Massachusetts. A job that I held for 24 years. In the beginning, I put in about 70 hours a week, between Genie’s Poetry and my school position. There finally came a time where I had to make a decision between the two careers. So, I dove in, head first, and never looked back.
Our business has grown and grown every day, and I am so thankful that I am able to make my living doing something I really love. Truly, though, if I didn’t have my husband, Rich, by my side throughout all of this, we would not be where we are today. Together we have built a business that has withstood the test of time and has continued to flourish and grow year after year.
And really, the best part of all of this, is that we have had the opportunity to meet and speak with some really wonderful people. Given the nature of our product, our customers tend to be sensitive, loving individuals, and our lives have been enhanced by the personal experiences that they so often share with us. For all of this, we are fortunate beyond measure!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment