Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Aspiring Poets

Hello Everyone,
 
I hope you are having a great day, today. I have a few thoughts that I would like to share with all of you who write poetry and dream of one day getting published.  First off, as you can imagine, there are a million poets out there who have the same dream. Since I have been doing this successfully (I make a good living at this) since 1992 I can offer you a few words of advice.
    First of all, the audience of readers must be able to relate to your poem.  If you enjoy writing obscure, poems with a lot of imagery, then continue doing what you are doing, but it is highly unlikely that you will every make any financial gain from your poem.
    Secondly, don't make your poems too long. I would say that 16 lines should usually be your max.
Readers don't want to labor through something that is much longer than that.
    Thirdly, keep it simple. That way you will appeal to the masses. Think about every word you use.
     Writing poetry is a great release, and certainly very gratifying, even if you are just doing it for your own satisfaction. So...keep writing! Who knows where your words will take you.
       If you would like to view some of the poems I have written, please go to
 
 
There you will find hundreds of poems for all occasions, and for all of the special people in your life.
Thanks, Guys!  have a great day, today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment